You’ve done the writing – what do you do now? This presentation will help to answer that question and get you started on the path to becoming a published author.
Getting Published includes;
- An overview of publishing options; the big six, middle sized publishers, indie publishers, vanity presses, and self publishing
- Advantages and disadvantages of each publication pathway
- Determining the best approach for you and your writing project
- Topics like query letters, rejection, and finding your audience
- Optional book signing and sales
This power point presentation can be done in one hour with limited time for questions or discussion. Alternatively, it can be done as a two hour workshop with time for a break and the opportunity to go into depth on different topics according to audience interest.
Best suited to individuals who are new to the book industry, Getting Published is excellent for libraries, colleges, museums, art communities, historical societies, writing groups, and other organizations who offer lifelong learning opportunities.
“I thought your presentation was great and you performed with grace under pressure!” – Lizanne Eastwood, Grand Forks Public Library
“Thanks again for letting me attend this excellent workshop… I have recommended (it) to others.”
– Participant, Castlegar (attended 2012 workshop in Rossland)
Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.